Donnerstag, 15. März 2012

Bienvenido a México.

Finally arrived in México. After some issues with my visa, a 24 hours trip and a broken notebook cable I spent the first day in Mexico-City. It is an absolutely awesome and inconceivable big city. Too big to explore it on one day. The following pictures were taken in the historical center of México-City.

Today I am going to travel to Córdoba, Veracruz, the place of my internship at Casa Hogar de Córdoba. Really looking forward to meet some great people over there! I will try to upload the video I have edited which introduces myself to the children in the orphanage. 

Enjoy my first impressions of México! 

Morning view out of my hotel room.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 Met plenty of these little buddies all over the city.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 I just came out of the metro and was stunned by this great building, Palacio de Bellas Artes.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 Asked him to join a match, but he did not reply.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 Worshipping of holy images seems to be big in México. You can find altars like this all over the city.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 Looks crooked to me.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 Seen plenty of these old Volkswagen in the streets. Unfortunately I did not need a taxi.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 The city seemed to me like a huge market place. You can find whole boroughs filled with the same things. Cloths, toys, electronics and even toilets.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 Quesadillas were my first breakfast in México.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 Gargoyles in form of guns? Never seen that before. Once again the colonial architecture impressed me.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 The Cathedral of México-City with probably the biggest flag I have ever seen, in front of it.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 Watched the game Real Madrid against ZSKA Moscow in a restaurant. And even in México you can see some Mesut Özil fans.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 Huarachas, Quesadillas and one nice Corona. I think I will gain a lot of weight in the following two months.
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)
 Modern street art combined with colonial architecture. A great combination!
(Ciudad de México/ México/ 14.03.2012)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen