Samstag, 7. April 2012

Casa Hogar Impressions.

Since three weeks I live together with more than 30 children and juveniles in Casa Hogar. I have not got used to being woken up by an escalating crowd of boys in the morning yet. I have not got used to being surrounded by cockroaches and mosquitos in the night. But I found solutions: Locking up the door and spraying insecticide. One thing I had to get used to was frijoles. Frijoles every day. As breakfast, as lunch, as dinner. Frijoles, frijoles, frijoles! Reminds me of the movie "Nacho Libre". Sometimes I even feel like Nacho. I am trying hard to be in shape for the Lucha Libre on the 28th of April in Córdoba.

The life in Casa Hogar is different to the one I know. On the first sight it seemed to me that the children are living a kind of boring life, trapped in the walls of an orphanage. Clearly, the circle of friends is small due to the lack of options. But I have noticed a very intimate relationship of the inhabitants here. Moreover, the children have acquaintances in school and work. Some go to work besides school, some have full time jobs. For this reason my first opinion was disproved.

In Casa Hogar everyone participates in the daily work. This includes cooking, cleaning up the facilities, doing the gardening, and more. Cloths are washed by hand and dormitory time is 7.30 in the evening. At least I can avoid the latter.

Maribél hanging around in the garden.
(Córdoba, Veracruz/ México/ 19.03.2012) 
Breakfast time, not only for the baby.
(Córdoba, Veracruz/ México/ 23.03.2012)
Usually Ángel is not as calm as on this picture. Due to the circumstance that he can hardly pronounce my name he always screams and hugs my afterwards: "Amigo? Amigo!"
(Córdoba, Veracruz/ México/ 23.03.2012)
One lovely little brat is Uriel. One more "Amigo!". In the morning Uriel stays on the side of my bed. Until I am willing to get up.
(Córdoba, Veracruz/ México/ 24.03.2012)
The girls on the way to their concert in the city hall of Córdoba. Each ride in this Volkswagen bus is an adventure. The doors open themselves in every curve. Displays? Seats? Safety belts? Not available. After this trip the council of Casa Hogar decided not to use the bus anymore. At official occasions.
(Córdoba, Veracruz/ México/ 24.03.2012)
Once or twice in a week vegetables and fruits are donated to the orphanage. This food is by far not fresh and needs to be checked and sorted out before preparation. The variety is very little. Mostly potatoes, onions, zucchinis, chilies, carrots, radish and bananas. Meals with meat are very hard to find, and salads are even more rare. Good luck that frijoles are all around!
(Córdoba, Veracruz/ México/ 25.03.2012)
A few of the girls have children. Mainly because of certain incidents which includes sexual abuse. Not all of them were allowed to keep their babies along with them. Mostly the babies were giving out for adoption. On this picture I have Yazmin in my hands, the youngest inhabitant of Casa Hogar.
(Córdoba, Veracruz/ México/ 25.03.2012)
Sunday is washday. Rosa combines work and pleasure with an refreshment for everyone.
(Córdoba, Veracruz/ México/ 25.03.2012)
 "Christian, estas sucio! Necesitas bañar!"
(Córdoba, Veracruz/ México/ 25.03.2012)
Visits of schools are combined with donations by those. Not every of the children of Casa Hogar enjoyed the suggested games of the visitors and kept hidden in the kitchen. 
(Córdoba, Veracruz/ México/ 29.03.2012)
Ultimate photo bomb by Luis while the girls fail to pose seriously for the camera.
(Córdoba, Veracruz/ México/ 29.03.2012)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen