Montag, 19. August 2013

Back in the game.

More than one year without writing down a single word. For some this would be a sign of boredom or the lack of lust to feed this blog. At least boredom is not the reason of this negligence. Maybe a certain event had to happen to rediscover the joy of updating the adventures of my life.

Almost exactly one year ago I moved from Nuremberg to Barcelona. In brief words this city is a dream. With all its beauty and all its ugly facades. I have met wonderful people in this stay. Even more, some of them I am more than happy to call my friends now. I say thank you to everyone who was sharing this time with me and made this city an incredible part of my history!

To retell all the memories of Barcelona and Spain it might take me another year. I will do so as a retrospective another day. Therefor I have to blame a certain laziness of mine. Let's just call it procrastination. The reason why I restart this blog is that I have rediscovered one love that has always been on my side but been overseen for a way too long time. This love is to write songs and to play my music on stage.

The improvised sessions, a friend convincing me to put more effort into it because he believes in me, summer vibes and last but not least a saddened heart were the reasons why Barcelona inspired me to compose new music. This might sound like a gracious farewell to the city but my time there has not yet come to an end.

I left Barcelona for a week, on the one hand to see my friends and home in Germany. On the other hand to play a concert in Munich. And there it was, the magic that I claimed to be lost. DIY equipment aka Kuhn-Mic, free drinks with friends, baguettes in strip clubs, wasted after hour and the most important part: people dancing and yelling to my stuff. How I missed this feeling. Not a promise as no one knows what will happen the other day, but from this point on, I want to be back in the game.

(Rockbox, Munich/ Germany/ 08.16.2013)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen